Monday, April 30, 2012

God Helps Me Bible by Juliet David; illustrated by Clare Caddy


"Specially designed for very young children, the God Helps Me Bible features a spiral binding that allows the book to lay flat on a table, floor or lap, leaving little hands free to turn pages and point out fun details in Clare Caddy's darling illustrations. Presenting twenty-five favorite Bible stories using simple words and concepts, each story emphasizes how God loves and helps his world and people. "
My comments:  When I picked up this beautiful little book, I was delighted to sense a luxurious feel and heft to the book and the pages.  Lovely and yet study for little hands that are just learning how to hold and love a book.  The texture is smooth (as satin), feels good, looks good, and is not too heavy for the young child (ages 3 to 6) to hold.  I envision a 3-year-old treasuring this little book and wanting Mommy to "read another" throughout the day.  I see the child learning the basics of each of the featured Bible stories and learning how God has helped people in Bible times through the years.  The child can learn how God will help him, too, in his life.  

Mommy and Daddy can use each and every one of these stories to plant the love of God who is our helper into the heart of a child.  At the same time, the basis of the stories is laid down and a foundation for more complete learning later in the process of growing and learning.

Colorfully and tenderly illustrated by Claire Caddy the faithful retelling of Bible stories by Juliet David is indeed a treasure for the hands of your little one.  It is a book I would have loved to have when raising my 5 children years ago. 

I was provided  a complimentary review copy by Kregel Publications for the purpose of providing an honest review.  All opinions expressed are my own and I was not required to render a positive review.

ISBN: 9781859859162  Publisher:  Candle books, a publishing imprint of Lion Hudson Plc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.