Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Leaving Carolina by Tamara Leigh: Book Review

Let's visit Pickwick, North Carolina.  Home of the Pickwick family.  Piper Wick had left her hometown of Pickwick twelve years ago, gotten rid of that Southern drawl, changed her name (a bit).  She is a big-wig in the public relations business in LA and she is just about to become engaged to a US Congressman.  Piper just about has a perfect life WITHOUT the help of the Pickwick's of North Carolina.

But her Uncle Obadiah Pickwick has surfaced in her life with health problems (you do get them as you "age") and a change of heart that involves the Pickwick money and past family secrets and troubles.

So Piper travels "home" to Pickwick to do her part.

There is now a man at the scene that is somehow involved in Uncle Obadiah's change of heart and desire for restitution.  So an enchanting mystery of circumstances and hearts unfolds.  Piper trying to do her part with her PR skills.  Some truth.  And a generous dose of the Lord's help.

Prepare yourself for an enjoyable reader's ride into North Carolina and Tamara Leigh's very good writing.

I read this book through my local Public Library and was not asked or implored or whatever to render any review at all.  I just wanted to share my "take" on another "Carolina" book with you folks.

ISBN: 9781601421661

1 comment:

  1. This series is one I've been wanting to read for a while now; I always enjoy Tamara Leigh's books. I especially liked Splitting Harriet and Faking Grace. Anyway, I think maybe I need to put in a request at my library for this series! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.