Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ozeri Green Earth Smooth Ceramic Nonstick Frying Pan, 100-Percent PTFE and PFOA Free by Ozeri (8" Size)

8" Ozeri Green Pan in Package
My thoughts about the pan:  This is the second in the line of Green Earth Pans by Ozeri I have been privileged to review. They are similar, yet different. The products both feature the GREBLON ceramic non-stick coating. They are 100% PTFE and PFOA free which means they are ultra-safe.

I have used several non-stick pans through the years. All were Teflon coated. They were priced from really cheap to pretty costly. Inevitably, each and every one of them began to shed the non-stick coating. This is worrisome when you think about it. We’re ingesting the stuff these coatings are made of and that can’t possibly be good for you!


Fluffy, Cheesy Eggs Cooking
This little 8” pan was first used in my home to cook a “breakfast dinner.” I cooked Farina (a wheat cereal), scrambled eggs with lots of cheese, turkey bacon, and applesauce. Simple, but good and nutritious. The pan for the eggs – Ozeri  8” Green Earth Pan. And it performed well with the eggs cooking nicely using just a few drops of olive oil (according to directions), and left just a few traces of eggs (tiny bits and a bit of egg-moisture) in the pan. Clean up was a simple swish and swipe. Love it!


After cooking, pan will only require a quick, easy wash.
Last week, my daughter’s lovely family visited. This little pan (along with the other Green Pan I reviewed) both got really good workouts when my daughter and her husband used them to cook. No complaints in their department about the pans. And I certainly won’t complain about the wonderful food they cooked.

This 8" Ozeri Green Pan is not heavy, but it is substantial enough. An 8" saute pan is every cook's essential. There are so many times you just need a little pan to stir up something in. This works great! The interior surface is very smooth. The handle is nice to grip and doesn't conduct heat. And....... did I say I really like it? 

About the pan:  

  • Unlike other ceramic cookware brands, the Ozeri pan utilizes an ultra-safe ceramic coating .derived from nature which is 100% PTFE and PFOA 
  • free.
  • Delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without releasing harmful fumes or toxins at high temperatures.
  • Features a scratch-resistant 100 percent ceramic coating as found in nature (no heavy metals or chemicals) that is super easy to clean.
  • Made out of durable heavy-gauge die-cast aluminum with no heavy metals or harmful chemicals.
  • Boasts a comfortable heat resistant Bakelight handle, and a magnetized induction stove safe base for rapid heat transfer.
DISCLOSURE: I received the 8" Ozeri Green Pan in exchange for my review. Opinions expressed are solely my own and I was not required to post a positive review. No compensation was received for this review. View and purchase this pan on Amazon.com if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.