About the game: For 2-4 players, ages 12+
|This is the actual playing board, similar to|
other board games.
Learning the wisdom of King Solomon is powerful AND fun!
My thoughts: When given the opportunity to take a look at the "Wisdomantics" board game with interactive DVD, I was excited yet perplexed. Frankly, I couldn't perceive of a board game that uses DVDs. When I envision board games, I have visions of family gathered around the kitchen table with a game to wile away a cold Winter evening. I think of togertherness and "face time." When I received the game, and saw how it is structured to be played, I came away with a variety of feelings about it.
First of all let me explain that in raising five of our own children, we played games. And we played Bible games of various types. They were basically board games. These game times were family time but they were also unstructured learning opportunities for my children. They were also times for me to refresh my memory about various Bible facts.
With Wisdomantics, the computer (via DVDs) prompts a question with multiple choice answers. If the first player doesn't get the right answer (30 seconds to do so) then player #2 gets a chance (and has 20 seconds). Mentally challenging and time based, the player's capacity to know Scripture (primarily Proverbs) is greatly enhanced. The game uses the New King James version of the Bible.
Pro and Cons:
- Pro: Mentally stimulating
- Pro: Family time - or good group activity
- Pro: DVDs probably afford greater capacity for larger number of questions and facts
- Pro: Affords a great opportunity to have fun while learning more about Scripture
- Con: Children and families need to disconnect from technology from time to time
- Con: Probably too advanced for children who are not really actively enrolled in a stimulating Christian school, Christian based homeschool, or strong church
- Con: May be too fast paced for those without strong, very strong, Scriptural teachings
You can learn more here: Wisdomantics game by Kingdom Games Enterprises, LLC.
GIVEAWAY: Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification by FlyByPromotions PR Group. ENDS Dec. 31 @ 12:01 a.m. ET. Open USA addresses only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are randomly chosen via Rafflecopter.com. I received a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.