I don't have a diffuser so I couldn't utilize that dispensing method. But I did try several things.....
- I dabbed a bit onto my temples (suppose to help with headaches). I found this a bit heavy handed (or perhaps I was a bit heavy handed). It didn't cause my skin to break out or become irritated, so perhaps this will be an option when the next major headache hits.
- I put some into my bath on a couple of occasions along with some rosehip oil. Nice aroma and hopefully helpful.
- I put a few drops into a small Corning Ware pot filled with water. I slowly simmered this until the water all simmered out. Very nice to breathe this in but don't want to be right next to it in the kitchen.
- I had a bit of a stuffy nose the other morning and so while I was dressing and getting myself ready for work, I filled the bath wash basin with very hot water and added a few drops of the peppermint oil into it. Closed the bathroom door and - wow! What a nice head-opener. I think this is a winner when you have a stuffy nose or head cold.
I still don't know much about essential oils, but I do see there are uses for them. I had hoped this peppermint oil could be used in tea, but sadly the label indicated this was not for ingestion - only external use.
Product Description (from Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals) - Many Household Uses and Benefits- Essential Oil Supports Digestive & Respiratory Health, Eases Stomach & Head Discomfort, Refreshing and Relaxing - Natural Insect Repellent, Helps to Keep Bug Diseases Away.
- PREMIUM QUALITY PEPPERMINT OIL - Therapeutic Grade!
- POWERFUL AND PURIFYING: Peppermint Oil is known to relieve headaches and anxiety, helps ease respiratory problems, works to ease symptoms of asthma, helps with stomach and bowel spasms, as well as helps to relieve fever, and arthritis pain. It's also helpful is soothing the mind and body with aromatherapy. It's safe for topical application, although it is necessary to dilute with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil.
- MULTIPLE USES: Peppermint offers multiple household uses. It provides a wonderful cooling sensation while it naturally alleviates discomfort. Our oil is 100% is NON-TOXIC and perfect for use around the home and gardens. It is effective in repelling mice, spiders, ants, fleas, lice, roaches and rodents.