Play is the work of childrenIt is the responsibility of adults with the oversight of the child, to provide appropriate toys. This has been my firm belief through the years when I raised my five children and followed the childhood of my 13 grandchildren. For this reason, I was selective in my choice of toys for them.
I recently stumbled across a new brand and style of dolls. These are the Lottie Dolls. They definitely receive a “Chat With Vera” seal of approval and high recommendation. Here are some of the reasons….
- These are beautifully designed and well-crafted.
- They are designed to accurately represent a 9-year old girl in body build and proportions.
- You won't find makeup, jewelry, or high heels.
- The clothes and accessories are of quality materials, well made, and well designed.
- The dolls represent a broad spectrum of personalities and girl's activities.
Perfect in size to carry to all those excursions little girls like to go on without taking up too much space. She is 18cm tall (roughly 7"). Beautifully packaged for gifting. This lovely little doll has won 19 international awards, including 5 Oppenheim Portfolio Platinum Awards.
There are a variety of accessory packs. I received the hair care pack with brush, hair rubber bands, and a little drawstring baggie to store them. These are perfect for brushing and fixing the doll's soft, silky hair.
Lottie Dolls. But they may also be found on Amazon and on Barnes and Noble. Dolls range $19.95 to $24.95 and accessory packs are around $10. Outfits are $9.99. There is even a Finn (boy) doll as well.