First of all I was given the opportunity to try this new-to-me product Pure Goodness Premium Superfood Protein Powder and I selected the chocolate version. Well, I am a bit of a "gotta have some chocolate" type of person. And then I had to figure out just how I wanted to use it. That is where the wonderful internet comes into play. I saw recipes for shakes, smoothies, bars, breads, etc. So here is my take on the subject....
I love my morning coffee and decided to try to add some chocolate protein to one cup. I added about half a scoop. Hmmm... that was real tasty and a bit like a mocha coffee. Only drawback - there was a bit of residue (or something like dregs) left in the cup. I'm assuming that is the part of the good stuff of the product so it is wasted being rinsed out of the cup. But the coffee did taste good and I'm sure I got a boost in my protein consumption.
Next I wanted to try it in banana bread. Here is the recipe I used (or made up). Warning: This is so good! Sweet, but not real sweet. Light chocolate flavor. Moist.
|Vera's Chocolate Banana "Pure Goodness Protein Powder" Bread|
Don't you just want to pick up a slice and munch down on this goodness!
Vera's Chocolate Banana "Pure Goodness Protein Powder" Bread1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup Pure Goodness Protein Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Powder (~2 scoops)
|Fresh out of the oven|
Vera's Chocolate Banana
"Pure Goodness Protein Powder" Bread
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup Extra Light Olive Oil (quality grade)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Mash bananas in a bowl. Into the mashed bananas stir in eggs, oil, and vanilla making sure eggs are well blended. In another bowl measure all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a wire wisk. Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add nuts. Stir only until well blended. Pour into an oiled and sugared loaf pan. Bake at 350 F 50 minutes or until done.
About the Product (provided by New Pure Goodness)
- New Pure Goodness Proteins are made from a powerful plant-based formula that contains 15 grams of plant based protein per serving and all amino acids essential for human dietary needs.
- Pure Goodness products are Non-GMO verified, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, 100% Vegan and Paleo Friendly!
- Choose from two different variations: Hemp Seed Protein and P
- umpkin Seed Protein which are available in three delectable flavours: Unflavoured, Chocolate and Vanilla.
- All seeds are gently cold pressed and minimally processed to ensure maximum nutrient preservation and digestibility.
- Our products are minimally processed for maximum nutrient preservation and are free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives. They contain simple, plant-based ingredients which promote sustainable food production which leads to better environmental health.
- We also believe in taking care of each other. This is why we give back, by donating 1% of sales to help provide nutritious food to communities in need across the US!
Want to win it? Pure Goodness is running a contest/giveaway. Click here for Facebook or Click here for Instagram
Find Pure Goodness all over the web..... Buy it on Amazon
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary product to facilitate this sponsored review. Opinions are my own and product information is provided by the company. I was under no obligation give a positive review.