Friday, November 17, 2017

A gift that brings the family together and teaches honor and character


How to start a family tradition that is meaningful and creates memories lasting a lifetime. . . .  


Family Honor Plate

The Family Honor Plate starts as a DIY ceramics-painting project you get to create and bake at home. Then it turns into a fun family tradition and parenting tool to raise our children in the fruits of the Holy Spirit, as written in Galatians 5:22. 

I was so excited when I saw this product. I see it as something that can be uised in such a variety of ways. Mom (or Dad) can turn on their own creative juices and make this an "gift" or "artistic offering" to their own beloved family by painting their own design around the rim and then the plate can be used on special occasions.
Kit comes preprinted with text in middle.
You or your family design and paint borders with paints provided.

Or it can be turned into a "kids only" artistic endeavor (guidance recommended, of course) where the kids actually do the artistic work and then it becomes a plate that is utilized by the family in whatever way they benefit most from it.

Whatever the family decides is the best way for them to create their own personal Family Honor Plate, it will become a treasure. (Clue to note: As a grandparent, I have magnets and other little pieces of creativity that my grands have made and they bring joy to my heart.) Find and order plates - click here.

Table Thyme Discussion Cards

These fun questions from the Table Thyme Discussion Cards take conversations to a deeper level and teach everyone in the family how to articulate and share special memories, learn how to voice their opinions, and for some how to even have an opinion. These are skills required for success in relationships and careers.  This is a fun way for children to learn these skills naturally.

This is a concise flip-card-holder that keeps the cards together and easy to use and to store. Helps to get conversations started and expand communication in family and develop skills children need to converse at table. Find and order it - click here.

DISCLOSURE: I received both products to facilitate this review. Opinions are my own and freely given. I have not actually painted the product myself (I am definitely not artistic) but I do plan to pass it along to my daughter who has a young family. She is definitely artistic and I can hardly wait to see her creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.