Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Reflecting on blessings

From one who has been through the valley of cancer:

I am grateful to have a day to reflect on my many blessings.  Here are some of the things I was thankful for today:
  • The opportunity to experience the joy, pride, and even frustration of being the mother of teenage boys. 
  • Healthy parents.
  • Siblings who jumped on planes to attend appointments with me.
  • Siblings who attended appointments with mom and dad when I couldn't. 
  • Siblings who sent care packages, cards, and texts.
  • A family that made sure I ate well.
  • A sister who hung out with me for twelve hours of surgery and chemo.
  • Siblings-in-law who spent hours on the phone and internet helping me find solutions.
  • Friends who wore "Vera shirts" on Fridays.
  • Answered prayers.
  • Strength and peace during a trying year.
  • Assurance:  "To live is Christ; to die is gain."
  • Laughter.
  • Hair.
One of my favorite quotes is, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery; today is a gift. That's why it's called the Present."  I am so thankful each of you!  I love you!

My thanks and appreciation for this survivor's comments.  They cause each of us to pause and reflect on how good God is to each of us.

NOTE: I originally shared this with my readers in November 2011.  It would bear sharing again for someone out there might need this word of encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.