Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Ten Unusual Features of Lulu McDunn" written & illustrated by Kelly Pulley. ISBN: 978-0-9820812-7-3


Frog Legs Ink an imprint of Gauthier Publication has donated 3 children's picture books to our school's library.  I will be writing a review on each here at Chat With Vera and then taking them to the library to be shelved. 

The adorable book, "Ten Unusual Features of Lulu McDunn" is written in rhyming verse that will tickle you and warm your heart.  The story teaches children that they should celebrate the ways that they as individuals are unique. Being different can be put into perspective as children learn about themselves.




Said Lulu,
"I see all the good things I've got,
and I choose not to look
at the things I have not.
Having non-matching eyes
doesn't matter to me.
What matters is that
I have two and not three."

Lulu is definitely a unique individual and at the end of the book she ends up saying .....

Said Lulu, "I'm happy with what I've been blessed.
Each part that I have has its place with the rest.
When the parts are all placed in the place each should be
the sum of the parts all together is me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.