Thursday, June 5, 2014

D-Day By The Numbers - 70th Year of Remembrance

I first saw the video below on the CNN website. I then found it on Youtube.com and available to share as an embed file. Please watch it. My heart weeps whenever I think of war and those who are the battle fodder. It has been throughout history a bloody and vile thing. War. But wars will be fought. Lives will be lost. Evil will try to prevail. Hopefully, good will be the victor. But it is still war. It is still bad. It is cause to pause and reflect on the wars of history and aim to avoid the situations that bring them into our present lives.

Now take a few moments and watch these young men, for they were young at the time, as they embarked on one of the most courageous and terrible days of World War II. Many never made it home.


And now, I share my uncles from World War II. Two were in the European campaign. One died training others to be a pilot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here at Chat With Vera. If you need to contact me directly, please use the email associated with this blog and posted in the sidebar.